BECAUSE I SAID SO DAMN IT.
In all seriousness, this simple (but not so easy) movement is a pretty damn good core exercise. It’s a terrific blend of an anti-extension and anti-rotation movement, meaning you’ll have to resist letting your hips sag towards the floor while preventing them from twisting or shifting. Hot damn!
Plus, it requires little space and no equipment while still providing quite the challenge.
- Assume a pushup position with a slider wider than normal foot placement. The wider stance will provide a bit more stability, making it easier starting off. Go more narrow to increase difficulty.
- Walk your hands out as far as you can while maintaining a good pushup position. From the side, your body should look like a straight line from heel to head.
- Squeeze your glutes and abs.
- Alternate tapping your shoulders while preventing your hips from sagging towards the floor or twisting/shifting out of position.
- If you really want to hate life, lift your opposite foot of your tapping arm simultaneously. Just don’t lift it so high that you feel your back arches.